The evolution of smart home technology gives you access to an easy-to-use security system you can control remotely with your smartphone, tablet or even your Apple Watch. These state-of-the-art security systems are intuitive, easy to program and offer additional layers of protection that traditional systems cannot match.
The heart of the smartphone home security system is the mobile security app, a specially designed software program you can download to your mobile device. Depending on the features included with your security system, your app will enable you to use your device to perform push-button remote functions such as:
- Arm and disarm security systems
- View security camera feeds and recorded surveillance video
- Change the position of your cameras
- Turn lights on and off
- Control your thermostat so you can adjust your home’s temperature even if you’re at work, running errands or halfway across the country on vacation
- Lock and unlock your home’s doors
- Operate appliances, sound systems and other electronic gadgets
- Receive custom alerts and notifications via email or text messages
The Two Types of Home Security Systems
When you purchase a smartphone home security system, you will have a choice between two types of apps:
- Proprietary: A proprietary app is developed by the system’s manufacturer and is specifically designed for use with its own systems. The company is responsible for updating the technology, performing maintenance and providing customer service to app users. The biggest benefit of a proprietary app is that it’s customized for your system. On the downside, proprietary app quality is uneven at best.
- Alarm.com: Many top security system manufactures design their products for compatibility with apps created by Alarm.com. As a recognized security solutions leader, Alarm.com produces an app offering robust functionality, and often, superior quality in comparison to many of the proprietary apps.
Titan Alarm, Inc. Offers Alarm.com Apps to Our Phoenix-Area Customers
When you purchase a home security system from Titan Alarm, you can become one of the millions of satisfied Alarm.com app users. The Alarm.com app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone smartphones and tablets. It enables you to control all connected security system devices via a single screen. Use the app to view live or recorded video, receive custom alerts, create automated Smart Schedules and much more. You can easily download the app when you register at m.alarm.com.
We also offer access to the Alarm.com app for the Apple Watch, which enables you to control all security system functions from your wrist! If you’re an Amazon Fire TV owner, you can use the Alarm.com app to stream live feeds from your security cameras to your TV.
Contact Us to Learn More About Using Mobile Security Apps
As a Titan Alarm customer, you’ll receive professional assistance when choosing a mobile app. We can even provide guidance for downloading and using your app. Contact us for more information regarding mobile security apps for your Phoenix home and to schedule a no-obligation security consultation today.