Security Systems for Retail Stores
Retail stores in the Phoenix area face a number of security threats that can result in property damage and lost revenues as well as possibly jeopardize the safety of customers and employees. While robberies and after-hours break-ins continue to a pose a major security risk, there is also the ever-present risk of shoplifting. These days, shoplifting is often a team effort — organized shoplifting rings operate in Phoenix and in cities throughout the United States. A more brazen tactic is “flash robbing” where a group of people — typically adolescents — raid a store and cause a disturbance, while helping themselves to whatever merchandise they can grab.
Internal theft is another ongoing problem for retail stores of all types and sizes. According to the 2015 U.S. Retail Fraud Survey, employee theft is actually the number one cause of loss to retailers. Internal theft becomes an even bigger issue during challenging economic times, as employees often resort to stealing as a way to supplement their income.
Whether you operate a small specialty shop or a large department store, security needs to be a top priority. Titan Alarm, Inc. is a full-service alarm company that offers a wide range of state-of-the-art retail store security devices that can keep your establishment safe and secure on a 24/7 basis. We also have the expertise to help you select and install the best retail security devices for your needs and budget.
Retail Video Surveillance Systems
We feature the latest retail security camera systems that can effectively monitor the most vulnerable areas in and around your store. We specialize in technologically advanced IP camera systems equipped with sophisticated software that can perform multiple functions such as long-range video detection, remote access and cloud recording capabilities.
Where to Install Retail Video Security Systems
Our team will perform a comprehensive site evaluation to help you determine the most appropriate locations for your security devices:
- Entrances and exits: Cameras can serve as extremely effective storefront security systems. Placing them above or in close proximity to entrances and exits enables you to see everyone as they come in and out of your store. The high-quality IP video produced by these cameras can provide clear facial recognition capabilities and can often be used as reliable evidence in criminal investigations.
- Sales floor: It is virtually impossible for you and your staff to keep an eye of every inch of your sales floor at all times. If yours is like many retail establishments, there are certain “hidden” areas in aisles and other areas of your sales floor that can attract the attention of shoplifters. Strategically placed retail security devices allow you to closely monitor these highly vulnerable trouble spots.
- Parking lots: Vehicle break-ins are an all-too-common occurrence at many retail stores. Shoppers can also fall prey to robbers as they return to their cars with their newly purchased items or keep their items in the car. Our retail security video systems can record vehicle thefts with a high level of detail, including capturing license plate numbers of thieves’ vehicles as they flee the scene. The presence of security cameras can also serve as an effective deterrent to criminal activity.
- Stockrooms/warehouses: Even if you run extensive background checks on your employees as a condition of hiring, it doesn’t completely eliminate the possibility of theft. Employees who work in stockrooms or warehouses have easy access to your store’s merchandise. Our retail loss prevention systems can help you minimize the risk of employee theft and provide the video evidence you need to terminate and prosecute dishonest workers.
- Cash registers: Cash registers are a vulnerable area in virtually every retail store. Retail security cameras allow you to monitor all cash register activity, including sales transactions, money counting and the issuing of refunds. They can also help you defend against “sweethearting,” which is the act of providing unauthorized discounts or free goods to friends, family members or fellow employees.
Why Choose Titan Alarm, Inc. for Your Retail Security System Needs?
Titan Alarm, Inc. is a locally owned, family operated security company that has been proudly serving the Phoenix area since 2008. Our commitment to providing high-quality security products backed by unbeatable customer support has made us one of the fastest-growing security companies in Arizona and all of North America. All installation, maintenance and service work is performed by Titan Alarm, Inc. employees, not 1099 contractors, ensuring you get the superior service you demand and deserve.
Contact Us to Schedule a No-Obligation Security Consultation Today
Don’t leave something as critically important as the safety and security of your retail establishment to chance. Contact the Phoenix security professionals at Titan Alarm, Inc. to schedule a no-obligation retail video security system consultation today.