Perhaps the most significant benefit of modern technology is that it gives us greater control over various aspects of our lives such as our health, finances and even the operation of our vehicles. A so-called “smart home,” which enables the residents to manage everything from the heating and cooling system to lighting and door locks via a computer or mobile device, is yet another example of how technology makes our lives easier — and safer.
Smart technology in the home allows you to:
- Enjoy a seamless user experience: The “nerve center” of the smart home security system is a centrally located panel that serves as the hub. The panel enables you to monitor video feeds from your surveillance cameras, adjust your system’s settings and much more.
- Utilize remote accessibility: With a smart security system, you don’t even have to be home to control the various features. Your smartphone, tablet or laptop will serve as a secondary operating panel that allows you to manage every aspect of your system even if you’re hundreds of miles away.
- Employ automation: Smart security systems typically include home automation that makes it easier than ever to control functions. For example, you can preprogram the thermostat to keep your house at the ideal temperature throughout the day. You won’t have to get up in the middle of the night to make manual adjustments because the home is too warm or cold. You can also automate the activation of locks, lighting, alarms, etc.
- Get a handle on energy costs: The automation provided by smart technology will enable your HVAC system to operate more efficiently and conserve electricity when using lighting and appliances. You won’t waste as much energy, which can make a noticeable difference in your utility bills.
- See who’s at the door: One of the more popular smart home security devices is the doorbell camera, which will provide instant notification when someone is on your front porch; you’ll be able to see visitors on the control panel’s screen or your mobile device and communicate with them via a two-way speaker. It will also record all activities on your porch automatically. You won’t have to open the door for a stranger again.
- Assist elderly or disabled individuals: Smart technology can make it easier for seniors or people with disabilities to live independently. For instance, voice-command systems allow the resident to control security features without getting up. Home automation eliminates the need to constantly adjust the temperature or turn appliances and lighting on and off.
Contact Titan Alarm to Learn More About Smart Home Technology
Titan Alarm, Inc. offers the most advanced smart solutions that will enable you to take control of your home security — we’ve been helping Phoenix- and Tucson-area residents stay safe for more than a decade. We can provide a customized system that addresses your most daunting security challenges. Contact us for more information or to schedule a no-obligation in-home consultation today.
- The Benefits of a Home Automation System
- A Beginner’s Guide to Home Automation
- Differences Between Home Automation and Home Security