What to Do in Tucson, AZ
Located in beautiful Pima County, AZ, the city of Tucson (approx. population 531,000) is a thriving desert community that is the site of the University of Arizona. Tucson has much to offer to visitors and residents alike. Here is a partial list of the best activities in Tucson and the surrounding areas:
- Visit a casino: Tucson attracts people who want to test their luck at blackjack, poker, slot machines and other favorite casino games. The Tohono O’odham Nation and Pascua Yaqui Tribe are two Native American tribes that each operate a pair of popular casinos in the Tucson area.
- Discover Catalina State Park: This picturesque park is one of the best places to visit in Tucson if you’re a fan of stunning desert landscapes and scenic mountain vistas. It’s the perfect place for hiking, biking, camping, picnicking and observing wildlife. We strongly recommend a hike down the Romero Ruin Interpretive Trail to explore the site of an ancient Hohokam Native American village.
- Shop for the “chocoholic:” If you’d like to know where to go in Tucson to satisfy your sweet tooth, you have plenty of options. You can find everything from mouthwatering Western-themed chocolates to tantalizing monsoon apples at candy shops such as the Chocolate Depot and General Store and Gift Shop at Mt. Lemmon.
- Check out local culture: If you’re planning to travel to Tucson in the fall and what to experience a taste of Southwest culture, then you won’t want to miss Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). Held in late October, this multi-day event is a historic Mexican celebration designated for remembering departed loved ones and ancestors. Despites its somewhat somber name, Día de los Muertosis is actually a fun-filled festival filled with music, dancing and the perennially popular All Souls Procession.
- Indulge in excellent dining: You’ll probably want to eat while you’re in town! If your idea of a fun night out is a fantastic meal combined with a little mystery or drama, you’ll want to check out at least one of the many dinner theatres in the Tucson area such as the Gaslight Theatre, The Mystery & Magic Dinner Theater Playhouse at the Five Palms or Mystery Dinner Theatre.
- Explore Historic Downtown Tucson: History buffs will want to take a tour of Tucson’s captivating downtown historic district. This area features an abundance of historically significant properties such as the Rialto Building and Rialto Theatre, the Valley National Bank Building, Hotel Congress and Coronado Hotel.
- Take in the natural beauty: There’s nothing quite like a southern Arizona sunrise — and one of the best places to experience one is in the Santa Catalina Mountains located to the north and northeast of the city. You witness a breathtaking scene you will remember fondly for the rest of your life.
Contact Titan Alarm, Inc. for Your Home or Business Security Needs in Tucson
If you’re planning to purchase a home or business in the Tucson area, Titan Alarm can provide a state-of-the-art security solution that will give your peace of mind — and we might even have some great ideas regarding what to do in Tucson! Contact us to learn more today.
Learn More About Home Security
- Home Security Tips For Renters
- Home Security Tips For The Holidays
- Home Security Touchscreen
- How To Install A Home Security System
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.